Dear Students and Colleagues,
While the risk of contracting COVID-19 in Tucson remains low and there are no confirmed cases on any domestic University of Arizona campuses, the global and national situation has continued to evolve swiftly. Accordingly, we have adjusted the plans for campus mitigation. Until further notice, the Tucson campus, Sierra Vista campus, and University of Arizona at Phoenix Biomedical Campus will operate as follows:
- Students should not return to campus, provided they have suitable alternative living arrangements. These students are welcome to return to campus briefly to collect belongings.
- Students who do not have a suitable alternative should return to campus. Residence halls, food service, Campus Health, libraries and computer labs are open and will remain open to support you.
- Classes will commence on Wednesday, March 18, fully online. Details for each class will be communicated by individual faculty and instructors.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to work from home but are permitted to be on campus.
- All campus support operations will continue as usual to the extent possible.
- Research operations will continue as usual.
- Events and gatherings on campus will be canceled or rescheduled and updates will follow directly from the event organizers.
This pandemic situation is continuing to evolve, and I encourage you to refer regularly to our Coronavirus COVID-19 webpage for updates, accessible from Arizona.edu.
I am very proud of the ways the University of Arizona community is pulling together, with compassion and determination, to adapt our research, teaching and service operations in light of this global challenge.
Please stay safe and Bear Down!
Robert C. Robbins, MD
The University of Arizona